I just launched this new version 11/28/16 and will be adding tutorials, codes to this page soon.
Basic Installation After Download
- Install Free Version of GeneratePress
- Upload and Activate ACME Theme (ACME is a child theme of GP)
- Fix Widgets – ACME has 3 new Widget locations which may inherit your existing theme’s widgets.
- Goto Appearance > Customize to adjust layout and basic colors.
- All WPUnite Themes share the same button and panel codes.
While out of the box your ACME Theme will look just like this default install, you can get tons more customization features if you purchase the GP Premium plugin.
To be clear, we’re not using any premium features on this demo site. It’s 100% free.
Watch Demo Video if you haven’t yet.
- Lightweight Grid Columns – For responsive columns from Generatepress
- Simple CSS – For adding custom css from GeneratePress
- JP Widget Visibility – For our Banner Widgets
Out of the box and with just these two free plugins activated here is ACME’s GTMetrix score for this page.
- WP Super Simple Speed – Improves Pagespeed score and load time
- Autoptimize – Aggregate and minimize JS, CSS and HTML
Best Theme Design Tip Ever
If you want to know how to change a design element of a website, right click on that element and click “Inspect”. You’ll then see the CSS code that controls that element and you can modify it live. Once you see the change you want to make, add that code to the Simple CSS editor.